Saturday, April 16, 2011

Scrapbooking

When I lived in Southern California, a friend at work taught me how to scrapbook.  My very first scrapbooking experience was a book of a trip to Walt Disney World that Erin and I took when she was a senior in high school.  The book was not seen by anyone (except my friend at work).  I gave the book to Erin at Christmas the first Christmas she had up in San Francisco when she went to college.  I was very proud of what I had done since I am definitely NOT crafty or talented.  Erin loved it.  I think she was surprised that I could do it.

When we moved to Idaho, all my scrapbooking seemed to just stop.  I don't know if I was just lazy or the fact that I no longer had a scrapbooking friend here to help me with ideas.  This past winter I decided that it was once again time to get busy and scrapbook. 

So far, I have completed a trip to Hawaii that Larry and I took with Eric and Erin and I have completed pages for Breakfast with Mickey and Minnie.  Right now I am busy working on a trip we took up north in California to Hearst Castle, Winchester Mystery House, Great America Amusement Park, and San Francisco. 

I think I need more embellishments for my pages ... they are looking a little sparse!  Time to go to Michaels shopping.

I hope Eric and Erin like what I have done.  It will be great memories for both of them.